Adding Persons / Contacts
Before you start adding people, we recommend that you setup the following items:
- All of your groups, including classes, departments, divisions, and small groups.
- Custom Fields
From the Left Menu
Person List > Add Person
Add any new visitors, members, or people from an off campus outreach event here!
Add as much information as you have for this page. The more information you add the more search capabilities you will have when searching for someone specific. After adding the first member of the family, you have the ability to enter more without having to retype all of the contact information, if its the same.
Here you will enter their first and last name, any middle name or maiden name needed, along with any nickname, and if you need a phonetic spelling of name.
+ enter their birthday and gender here in this section also.
When entering a family for the first time, it is best to enter the head of household first. Be sure to choose from the drop-down menu:
+ their position in the family (Head of household, spouse, child, etc.);
+ their Marital status if known;
+ Household – if they are to be assigned to a household already created or if they are the first family
member to be entered in your database choose “Create New Household”
Here you can enter the Email; Emergency Contact if any; and Phone number(s), with options for the email to select if personal or work email; and options for the phone number to choose if home, work, mobile, etc.
Enter here as much of their address as you can for further correspondence and record keeping/financial records.
Assign to Class:
Classes in Connection Card are mainly used for classes offered by the Organization which have a definite beginning and ending date, unlike Small Groups which are open-ended. If you are assigning to a class and the class is not listed here, complete the rest of your information for this record first and note their class, and then after the class has been set up you can edit their information to add this class. It is highly recommended you set up all your classes first before entering people, which will make the inputting of people more efficient. Go to Groups > Classes to Add New and setup your classes.
Assign to Crew/Work Team:
If this individual is part of a Volunteer Team or other work crew, you can enter them in to the Volunteer/work Team they are joining. It is highly recommended you set up all Work/Volunteer Crews/Teams you have first before entering people, which will make the assigning of your volunteers and workers more efficient. Go to Groups > Crews to Add New and setup your crews!
Assign to Department:
Here you enter them into any and all Departments they have been assigned to or are attending. It is highly recommended you set up all of your Departments first before entering people, which will make the assigning of your people to departments more efficient. Go to Groups > Departments to Add New and setup your Departments!
Assign to Division:
Here you enter them into any Division they have been assigned to or are attending. It is highly recommended you set up all of your Divisions first before entering people, which will make the assigning of your people to divisions more efficient. Go to Groups > Divisions to Add New and setup your Divisions!
Assign to Small Group:
Here you enter them into any Small Group they have been assigned to or are attending. Small Groups are on-going groups with no beginning or end, such as a Sunday morning Bible study group, Sunday Children or youth small groups, life groups or care groups that meet regularly on a specific day of the week. It is highly recommended you set up all of your Small Groups first before entering people, which will make the assigning of your people to Small Groups more efficient. Go to Groups > Small Groups to Add New and setup your Small Groups!
Assign to A Team:
Teams are used for competitive activities, not necessarily sports related, and can be used to track points. Teams belong to team events which have a defined start and end date. Colors can be assigned to teams. This is nice for when your Youth group would like to break their students into teams for a few weeks or a month to compete for prizes, offering points to encourage your students to attend more regularly, bring friends, or complete other challenges. Here you can enter them into the team they have been assigned to. It is highly recommended you set up all of your Teams first before entering people into a team. Go to Groups > Teams to Add New and setup your Teams!
- Active – Choose whether active or inactive
- Classification - Here you can choose the classification you would like this person to have from the pull
down menu, such as Leader, Member, Student, Regular Attender or any custom classification.
To create a new Classification or remove any existing ones not needed go to Manage > Classifications
- Admin User – The default for this is “No Administrative Privileges” – You will only need to change this from the drop-down menu for those who are on staff or in leadership/administrative roles within the church, otherwise you do not need to select anything here. For those in Administrative/Leadership roles select what Admin privileges you would like them to have, from the drop down menu, or you can do this at a later date. You can also add Administrative Users through Manage > Administrative Users, where you will have greater control over their user account.
- Full Administrator w/User Control – Full administrative access to everything. These privileges can be given with or without back-end user control.
- Full Administrator – Same as Full Administrative, except no back-end user control and unable to delete important information.
- Safe Administrator – Same as Full Administrative, except no back-end user control and unable to delete important information.
- Limited Administrator – Similar to Safe Administrator, except no front-end user control and unable to
create/edit Admin cards.
- Minimal Administrator – Similar to Limited Administrator, except unable to edit important information.
- Read-Only Access – User unable to create or edit anything. Read-only.
- Reports-Only Access – Similar to Read-Only without access to individual student details. These users
may only view, download and print preset reports. No custom reports.
- Add Connection Card – here you can enter their Connection Card number if needed.
- Include in Mailing and Email list – check where applicable.
Enter all information here for those working with children or others needing Background Checks.
Point of Contact and Follow-Up:
Fill out all known information in this section. This information can be useful for reports.
These custom fields can be fields such as Date of Salvation, Baptism, Bible Given, Membership, or anything else you would like to keep record of. By clicking on the “edit custom fields” you can also add new fields. These can also be set up under Manage > Custom Fields.
This section is especially important to make sure you select the grade for any students for automation into a class and for end of year promotions. Also, by entering their schools, this can be useful for doing a report on which schools you have students from.
Especially when entering children or adults with allergies, it is important to enter that information here. This important allergy information can then be printed on their check-in tag.
Once you have added all of your information, hit the “Save” button to save.
Entering More Family Members to this Person:
Once you click on “Save” for the first person entered, you will be redirected to View that Person’s profile.
Scroll down to select Add new family member (for Spouse) or Add new child, etc.
A pop-up box will appear where you can enter their name (Enter first and last name here), email if applicable, and when you click on box “New Family Member is” for spouse a list will appear of what position in house they are, select from the list, such as “Spouse”, etc.
* When adding a child, click on Add New Child. A pop-up box will appear when you can enter the child’s name (first and last), and the line after email will give either Father’s or Mother’s name and ask who they are to child. Click on box for options and choose either Father, Mother, or whoever this person is to the child.
* You can then check if they live at the same address and also if you want this to be a quick create where you can edit other information later.
* Click on Mother’s name to go to her page and choose “Link Child” to add child to her profile also, followed by choose who this person is to the child – “Mother”
Consolidating Multiple Entries of Same Person:
If a person was accidently entered in twice, go into the profile of the one that has the LEAST correct information and click on the “Consolidate” button in the top right corner of profile. From the pull down menu choose the person to consolidate this profile to. Data stored for the person you chose from the pull down menu will take priority over conflicting data stored with the person being consolidated, which is why it is important to open the profile with the LEAST amount of information and consolidate that one to a profile which has more accurate information.